Lawsuit claims suspected serial killer is connected to 19 deaths in North Texas


DALLAS (AP) — A lawsuit alleges a 90-year-old woman is another victim of a Dallas man who has been linked to 19 deaths.

The suit was filed Monday in Dallas County against The Tradition-Prestonwood, an independent living facility in Dallas, by the woman’s children. It alleges the facility failed to keep residents safe.

According to the lawsuit, police told the woman’s family that tracking data confirmed Billy Chemirmir was at the facility on the day of her 2017 death.

RELATED: Suspected serial killer linked to 18 deaths of elderly people, lawsuit alleges

RELATED: Years after death, woman named victim of suspected serial killer

Chemirmir has been in custody since March 2018. He’s charged in the deaths of 12 women, including two other residents of The Tradition. Police have said Chemirmir posed as a maintenance worker or health care provider.

Separate lawsuits filed last month claim there were six additional victims at the facility.

The Tradition says it has cooperated with authorities and will continue to do so.

RELATED: Dallas police exhume body that may be linked to suspected serial killer

RELATED: Suspected serial killer used stolen identity to work with elderly

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *